Saturday, June 16, 2012

Welcome Welcome!


Hello. Welcome to the {Insert Inventive Title Here} Blog!

When trying to think of a “creative” name for this blog, I had an epiphany. I'll just call it the {Insert Creative Title Here Blog}! Because I am so creative and original!

Apparently not. Because that name was already taken. As was {Insert Awesome Title} and {Insert Clever Title}.

So then I pondered, what is a synonym for creative? After deep thought and deliberation (aka a thesaurus check) I decided it would be much more clever to call my blog {Insert Inventive Title Here}. Because being inventive is so much better than being creative!

So, I am starting a blog here. It is supposed to be a humorous blog, the only problem is, I'm not funny, but hopefully this will be. As Forrest Gump (didn't) say, “I am not a funny man. But I know what humor is.” (Okay, make incorrect quote from a '90's movie. Check! This blog is off to an awesome start). Hubs (code name for my husband until if/when I think of something more awesome) is a stand up comedian.

No. No he's not.

But, he is like the mushroom that walked into a bar, and the bartender said, 'We don't serve your kind here.' then the mushroom replied, 'Why not? I'm a fungi?' So yes, my husband is a 'fun guy', no he's not a fungus, because I know you needed an explanation.

Anyway. . . perhaps some of his hilarity will rub off on me, or at least this blog, after he rewrites looks it over. The stories I tell will be true albeit perhaps slight exaggerations. And my children are like, superheros, so they need secret identities. Okay, I just don't like the idea of anyone with internet access being able to see pictures of my kids, so there will be none of those. And I'll be creating pseudonyms for them for further protection, because I am a paranoid parent, and because they are so adorable and amazing the mere mention of their names will cause you to track me down and abduct them right out of their beds while they sleep.

Now, what are my hopes, dreams, and aspirations for this blog. I hope to make you laugh, or at least smile. You being the reader, whomever you are. Whoever? When do you use whom? What was I talking about . . . ?

I hope you will share this with your friends, your family, your co-workers, perfect strangers (Hey Chick-fil-a cashier, you should read {Insert Inventive Title} Blog!) and the blog will get many hits, and I'll be able to make some sweet, sweet moo-la. Or at least enough that I can quit my part-time job. My full-time job is being a mother. I am a child-care provider part-time. Actually, I am a babysitter. And I think I get paid less than thirteen-yea-old girls with the same job. What is the going rate for babysitters now-a-days?

So, I invite you to sit back, relax, and keep your hands and arms inside the ride at all times.

It probably will get bumpy. 

And stay tuned, my next post will be titled, “Puppy.” (leave the reader wanting more, Check!)

5 comments:

  1. Hello there! I'm glad to know I am not the only 'non-funny' person who wishes she were funny! I'm not great at staying up on blogs lately, but I do hope to be able to pop in every once in awhile and get a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can provide a good laugh for you. Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Mwahahaha! This is going to be fun! :) Speaking of babysitting, been there done that. It is rough. Now I am paying the sitter, and though it is wonderful in the sense that my children are adored and cared for superiorly, it is often rough on my pocketbook. I have been told I pay too much, but I guess I think of what I wish I got paid, and then divide it by 35 and round down. It's still a fairly good rate I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made your keyboard laugh! Then you made me laugh about how much you pay babysitters. Thanks for checking me out, I feel honored by your presence.

      Delete
  3. I just read post #4 and went back and re-read the other three. You are funny, you make me laugh (so does your husband). Looking forward to all of your {Insert Inventive Title} Blogs!

    ReplyDelete